May 19, 2012

What a difference an Alex makes!


Alex has touched many lives, and I would dare to say changed some of those lives. One of our friends Alex has touched is Mary, a marathon runner who is honoring Alex to help support one of Alex's favorite organizations, Challenge Aspen. 

We are also quite touched and want to spread the word!




Dear Friends and Family,

This summer I have decided to dedicate my passion for running to an extremely worthy cause and join the Challenge Aspen Marathon fundraiser.  In order to be on the team I must raise $3.600 in donations for Challenge Aspen.

This year the event is in Lausanne, Switzerland, and for many the challenge of running a marathon(26.2 miles) is a daunting task.  For me the concept of raising $3,600 is a much greater challenge.  Please join me in supporting this wonderful non-profit organization.

Challenge Aspen’s mission is to provide recreational and cultural experiences for children and adults with mental and/or physical disabilities.  Whether they enjoy skiing or rafting, painting a picture or acting in a play, participants are empowered with the feeling, “If I can do this, I can do anything.”  To learn more please go to www.challengeaspen.org.  All donations are 100% tax deductible, and all funds go directly to benefit Challenge Aspen. 

My special honoree and Challenge Aspen alum is Alex Bender.  Alex is an outgoing and vibrant teenager with Down’s Syndrome who will be graduating from Basalt High School this year.  She is also an accomplished athlete playing on both the girl’s soccer and basketball teams all through high school, as well as competing in the Special Olympics in both the state and national levels.

I am truly excited to partner with Alex and the Challenge Aspen team to focus my training and fundraising efforts towards such an incredibly worthy organization.  Thank you so much for your help and ANY amount that you contribute is deeply appreciated!

Follow this link to visit my personal web page where you can make your donation online.  

With Gratitude, Mary 

1 comment:

Thanks for your note, we love hearing from you!